Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2 DAYS TO GO!


Schatzi, our new daschund pup refuses to let me use the shoe pictured above for the marathon. I think she has my best interest at paw, the shoe looks a little worn in, not enough medial suport as well!
3/2
With 2 days to go, I'm busy getting prepared. Just think, after tomorrow, only one more day to go! Wow, how deep a thought I just thunk! I think that sometimes running long distances has made me less smart, maybe it is the circles that I continually run in, maybe it is the lack of oxygen during sprint intervals, or maybe, just maybe, it is the endorphine high you get from running. It is a natural drug, better than anything you can even get by prescription. After many of my training runs I was like a deer in headlights, so completely enveloped by this heavenly feeling that I was completely at peace on Earth. I remember a few times when my friends would have to repeat a question twice because I was so much "in the zone". I'm excited about reaching this place in 2 days, and am hopeful to hit it at mile 20, which by some is known as "the wall." I am not scared of this wall, and have given it very little attention. But, at mile 20, I will change my attitude, scale the wall, jam up my I-pod, and that Great Wall will inevitably come crashing down.


It's official, the go green, full speed ahead tempo shoe to the right is top dog! Don't tell our new dog, she might get upset! I will enjoy racing in the much lighter shoe after training in the beefed up shoe pictured to the left.








No comments:

Post a Comment