Sunday, January 30, 2011

FEEL THE RHYTHM, KNOW THE PACE!


WEEK 14: This week is about learning how to run marathon pace. In the last 5 weeks of training the plan leans more toward teaching your body how to truly feel marathon pace. My pace is 8:23. I need to learn what this feels like, how to eat, breathe, and sleep at this pace. It needs to become 2nd nature, innate, practicable. I actually have not run at this pace. I've been below on tempo and sprint days and above on my long run days. This is an exciting week. What will THIS pace feel like? I'm hopeful it will feel like a stroll in the park!


2/1 Hmmm...not much to blog....I did a chill run, a little over 30 minutes because I'm still recovering from 18 miles of running......ish, if it takes me this long in my mid 20's to recover, how will I recover when I'm older and fatter :), haha. Top of my foot is acting out!!


2/3 LONG TEMPO! First day of running tempo at marathon pace. 1 mile easy, 10 at pace! Well, I certainly had to feel the pace and could hear the pace because my Ipod died and I ran in silence in circles for an hour and a half. Talk about crazy! YES, it was! But, got her done and did well! EXCEPT, the top of my foot hurts with each step, walking or running. I ran thru it, which is stupid......will have to play long run this week by ear.......
DISTANCE: 11 MILES
Avg. PACE: 8:18
Avg. HR: 158
2/5 ABORT! haha, I am playing it smart... I turned back into a cyclist today to let my foot heal. Hopeful to run in a couple more days..............stupid foot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment