Saturday, December 25, 2010

DECEMBER 2010

WEEK 9: Last week of December starts tomorrow. I've got one more week until 2011 and the realization that the marathon is getting closer and closer is both exciting and nerve racking. I must not look too far in advance and have to stay focused and give constance vigilance to week 9. I finished out week 8 with a spot-on workout from my training plan. This week, I hope to do 3 of 3 complete workouts to get back on track with "the plan". My plan has been siderailed and derailed, and mispelled, and just smelled at points. But, it has jelled at many points as well, and I am thankful for this. I've learned the utmost of patience and had to be extremely flexible as my body becomes the dictator of "the plan", and not so much my head. I'm mentally ready, my cardio is good, my psyche is awesome, and my body is trying to keep up the demands of the constant pavement pounding with each step I take. Running long distances is hard on your body and I am starting to realize that my Goal 1 of getting to Albany is the correct 1st goal for me.

12/27 GOAL: TEMPO, 1 mile easy, 6 miles @ 8:05, 1 mile easy. Frigid weather temps and running in circles for 32 laps is only possible when you run with friends. Temps were in the low 30's, but with the wind gusts, it felt like low 20's....according to the Super Doppler which is always accurate :O. Looking forward to running a half marathon in circles on Wed. at the track! Foot holding up!

DISTANCE: 8
Avg. TEMPO PACE: 7:42



12/29 GOAL: 13 @ 8:38 pace. I was fortunate to have my mom and Danette join me on a run this morning.....but the best part, was when my friend John showed up in his nice work attire and ran a lap with me. John has been sidelined with some medical problems and today was the day where the doctor gave him two big toes up to get moving again. I was lucky enough to be running with my mom's i-phone and able to capture him in sweet motion. I truly have the best friends in the world that are prodding me, encouraging me, and carrying me all the way to Albany and beyond. I am certain this is not the last you will see of John. Maybe he will join me in Albany?


DISTANCE: 13 miles

Avg. Pace: 8:23 (which is my marathon pace for Albany...completely run by accident when the lap paces avgeraged out)

Avg. HR 152

1/1/11 HAPPY NEW YEAR! The goal for today was to run 12 Quarter lap sprints at the track @ a 1:39 pace. I had two friends at my side, D and Todd. I had been looking forward to this workout for 10 weeks. SERIOUSLY!! I even was able to wear my lighter track shoes and test them out and had no problems with my foot. I was running on clouds and flying after wearing my heavy clunker training shoes for so long. I will slowly try to incorporate the use of these shoes more into the training program for tempo and track workouts. These will be my marathon shoes.....they are bright green and crazy! Perfect :). What a great way to start the new year. Friends, feeling good, and of course, running in circles!!

DISTANCE: 6 miles
Avg. Quarter Pace: 131.6 (min.)

No comments:

Post a Comment