Sunday, December 19, 2010

31 MINUTE VICTORY!


CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS (left)

12/19/10

Yes, it is week 8, which is pivotal. It is the half way point of a 16wk training plan for Albany. Today, I ran on the Clemson track for 31 minutes after taking 2 weeks off from running. I was nervous. Would I be able to complete my goal of running 30 easy minutes? Would my legs remember how to run? Would my hat still fit? Such silly things to worry about...... of course my hat still fit, of course my right foot made a purposeful step in front of my left, and yes, I was able to run for 31 minutes. What does week 8 hold for me? I'm not sure but I'm hopeful 3 easy days of running will get me back on track. I am not worried about paces right now, I am simply running very easy, easing myself back out there. I am so thankful!! :). I've had a solid week 7 of training with 2 very good bike days and a few great swims. Time to rock and roll!

On a side note, the Clemson Track has been resurfaced but it is still closed with a bright yellow sign that says "UNDER CONSTRUCTION". The track looks perfectly finished to me and the lane lines are even perfectly painted. Danette and I have decided to stick to the softer track surface for the majority of our upcoming runs. With a secret side entrance, we jumped quickly onto the track. I felt like at any moment the SWAT team would raid the track and banish us to the Island of Elba when we were caught with our hands in the cookie jar. Luckily, we did not get caught. It is so easy for the sign to remain in place for the next 2 weeks for the holidays when students are away from campus. The track is done and we plan on using it to its fullest extent!

12/21 Clemson Track circles of hope! I ran with a new girl today, Jenny, round and round. I wouldn't mind if we had to run on a 2ft x 2ft ring, at least I was running! Today's goal was to run 45min. which I did accomplish plus a bonus 5 minutes. Nice easy pace, then a little tempo center, then easy. Jenny actually PR'd on her training run with a new best 10k time! :) I am still not wearing a heart rate monitor and prefer to gage my effort on feel as I get back in the swing of running. I am hopeful for a "long" run on Thursday morning.

12/23 Simply run. I did it, my longest run in 3 weeks. Small victories :)

Distance: 8 miles
Avg. pace: 8:51

12/25 Christmas Blessings abound this season. I was able to convince, surprisingly with not too much arm twisting, my mom and fellow friend Q to join at the track on Christmas morning. With the threat of snowfall in the afternoon, it was quite cold. However, our spirits were high and our hearts were warm with the blessings of friendship and the love that non can bestow like Jesus Christ can on such a merriment of days. Today is Jesus's birthday! HOSANNA in the highest. I felt the positive vibes as I actually did a workout from my training plan to the "T" as I ran tempo round and round the track. My mom and Q ran and walked respectively. With their very presence I was able to run the Boston Marathon in my head. Each step brought me closer and closer to my goal of March 5th. Today, friends helped me achieve my goal. Presence is key and and taking hold of each present day to the fullest is possible with the blessings of relationships that are wrapped in beautiful presents on Christmas Day. THANK YOU FRIENDS!!

DISTANCE: 6 miles
TEMPO PORTION: 3 miles at 7:24


No comments:

Post a Comment